Downloadable product is a term used for digital goods sold on your Online Store. These can be any images, songs, posters, e-books and many more. The purpose of these products is to provide your customers with an immediate option for the purchased product to be received by downloading the product via your website. In the next few lines of this tutorial we will deiscuss the configuration of these products.
To manage your downloadable products you must:
Configure the Admin Settings #
In order to access the page where you will need to perform the configuration for the Downloadable Products on your website, you will need to login into the wp-admin area of your Online Store and then to navigate to WooCommerce → Settings.
From there you should click on the Products tab and then on Downloadable Products.
Then you will be presented with few options you will need to configure:
- File Download Method – Here you should choose the File Download method. Please leave this option as it is;
- The download requires a login – Please use this option if you would like to restrict the downloads only for users having an account on your Online Store;
- Grant Access to Downloadable Products after payment – This option will allow for the downloadable products to be available before the order has been completed.
Once you are ready please click on the Save Changes button so you can be able to actually save the changes and finalize the configuration.
Configure the Product Settings #
One last thing we would like to share with you is how you can make a product Downloadable and this is quite an easy task. When you are adding a product or you are editing already existing, in the Product Data section you will find the Downloadable checkbox.
Then under the General tab, you will find the Downloadable Files option, where you will be able to upload the files which should be available for download for this particular product.
On the same tab you will find more options for the Downloadable products:
- Download Limit – The number of downloads this product can have;
- Download Expiry – The number of days a download link will expire;
- Download Type – The type of Downloadable product.
When you are ready with these settings please click on the Publish button for that product so the information can be published.
Congratulations! You can now configure all the options for the Downloadable Products of your WooCommerce Online Store!