Accessing your account over FTP connection to the server is quite easy. It involves the following steps:
1. You need to choose an FTP client that best suits your needs. Most of the FTP clients provide the same functionality, but a different interface.
2. You need to determine the correct FTP login details for your account. Basically, they are:
- FTP Hostname: ftp.yourdomain.com (where you need to change yourdomain.com with your actual domain name).
- FTP Username: The same as the cPanel username for your account.
- FTP Password: The same as the cPanel password for your account.
- FTP Port: 21
Make sure that you also configure your FTP client in Passive mode. I am glad to inform you that we provide a number of tutorials on how to configure some of the most popular FTP clients.
We hope you find this article useful.